If you’re a leader or aspiring leader wanting to write a book, whether it’s a book about your personal life or your expertise, today’s episode is for you.
In this week’s episode, Kele has a conversation with Hollis Citron, owner of I am Creative and Express Yourself Publishing. Hollis is on a mission to make creativity accessible to everyone by exposing them to new possibilities. She is passionate about helping people build the confidence to recognize, encourage, and express the innate creativity that they are born with.
Hollis believes that creativity goes beyond the pencil and the brush. Creativity is your unique and original exploration, expansion, and expression of your imagination.
According to Hollis, even if you are not “an artist,” you are a creative being. You are creative because you are the only person who can add your gifts to the things you create. You are creative because only you can express your ideas and greatness with the world.
Here’s the episode at a glance:
- Hollis shares why she started her businesses, I Am Creative, and more recently, Express Yourself Publishing.
- She discusses in-depth why she’s on a mission to expand the definition of creativity.
- Hollis talks about the importance of meeting authors and potential authors where they are, helping them feel comfortable, and creating a safe space where they can explore and tell their stories in their own way.
- She believes that the biggest challenge that authors and potential authors face today is being in their own way and overthinking the writing process.
- We get into the incredible benefit of going with a nontraditional publishing house and how that’s expanded opportunities for more aspiring authors to get published.
- Hollis offers some great tips for getting over the dreaded writer’s block to get you back into your writing flow. Hollis recommends reading The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks to help you get out of your own way.
- You can connect with Hollis Citron at https://www.iamcreativephilly.com/, and if you’d like to get involved in her next multi-author book, contact her for a quick conversation.
If you enjoyed this conversation with Hollis Citron, please share it with a leader or aspiring leader who’d like to write a book, and let’s get our stories out there and help others with our expertise.