“If you are not speaking up, you’re making a choice not to speak up.” – Karen Laos.
Communication plays an integral part in being successful in the workplace. When you can share your ideas or an opinion that might be different from that of the majority, you’re creating an environment where communication becomes the tool for building trust.
This week I’m having a conversation with Karen Laos about her leadership journey, her newly published book, and the importance of learning to trust your own voice.
Here’s what you can expect in the episode:
- Two exercises show how you can align your external confidence with your internal voice.
- How leaders can foster an environment of clear and direct communication.
- The most prominent challenge leaders face today is a lack of communication or miscommunication.
- The impact of living with the belief that others know better than you do.
- Karen discusses exercises you can use immediately to learn to trust your own voice.
- She offers tangible strategies to help you to stop rambling when to speak up when you’re nervous, and how to share your opinion when it differs from those around you.
- You’ll learn an effective storytelling technique that will help you to hook your audience’s attention immediately.
About Karen Laos:
Karen is a former corporate leader turned professional speaker specializing in communication. She is fiercely committed to equipping women in business to speak with clarity and stand out with unshakable confidence.
Over her 20+ year career, she has gained rave reviews from NASA, Facebook, Google, Netflix, and United Healthcare.
Her mission is to eradicate self-doubt so women can stop holding back and start taking their seat at the table. She lives this out through her podcast: Ignite Your Confidence with Karen Laos.
Karen’s style is approachable and engaging. She connects quickly and leaves audiences feeling empowered with practical tools.
Connect with Karen Laos:
Buy her book Trust Your Own Voice: Growing Your Influence Through Confident Communication: https://www.amazon.com/Trust-Your-Own-Voice-Communication/dp/B0B353NSTM.
Follow Karen on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karenlaosoffocial
Connect with your host, Kele Belton: