Resumes are crucial to our careers and businesses, yet many of us are not good at creating a resume.
In this week’s episode, my guest, Lissa Appiah, breaks down the importance of creating a resume that tells your positive story and how to maximize your LinkedIn profile for increased professional visibility.
Lissa is a Certified Career & Resume Strategist and the Founder of WeApply Canada. With 10+ years of experience in career coaching and leadership, she now helps organizations with their career and leadership development programming to boost talent retention.
She specializes in helping introverts and new leaders increase their visibility and leadership presence to excel at work – while staying true to themselves. She does this through her coaching programs and corporate workshop facilitation.
Lissa has helped hundreds of people land interviews and secure employment with multiple Fortune 500 companies and various levels of government.
Tune in to today’s episode to hear more about:
- The importance of building your personal brand.
- How to create a complete LinkedIn profile.
- How to maximize your profile to showcase what you’ve done.
- Why you don’t need to sign up for the premium version of LinkedIn to make the most of the professional platform.
- One of Lissa’s favorite books and podcasts, especially the book by Vanessa Van Edwards that discusses how to connect and get people’s attention.
Connect with Lissa Appiah:
Follow Lissa on social media:
Connect with your host, Kele Belton: